Struggling with uploads

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
cousinjay
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Struggling with uploads

Post by cousinjay »

I'm really having a tough time with my uploads. I use multiple upload and it seems to work, but then I think I'm doing the same thing with another category, and it doesn't work.

I uploaded files and couldn't find them but a few minutes later I saw the files in the list files option, but lo and behold, they all have slashed circles.

I've looked in the forum as well as other sources with no success.

So here's the bottom line. Can someone point me in the direction of a simple step by step process for getting my images from local hard drive to category on web site.

I also posted earlier today a request for help with user uploads from the front end. I don't know if my problems are related, but that's another issue that needs to be resolved.

Thanks

Tags:
cousinjay
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Re: Struggling with uploads

Post by cousinjay »

Update:
I'm still having a difficult time, but I did discover something interesting. When uploading images, they don't show up in the desired category. Only when going to the images section on the backend do I see that they are there but not authorized. If I manually authorize them they show up where they should.

Where is the parameted that says "all photos uploaded by registered users are automatically authorized, thus can be viewed immediately)"
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
Where is the parameted that says "all photos uploaded by registered users are automatically authorized, thus can be viewed immediately)"
backend --> Components --> Phoca Gallery --> Control Panel --> Options --> Users --> Upload Settings -->
Enable User Upload Image Authorization=No
Save & Close

Kind regards,
Benno
cousinjay
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by cousinjay »

I saw that setting and interpreted it exactly the opposite. After reading the popup help (which I should have done days ago) I unterstand that setting. I'll read those things going forward

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

You're welcome!

Kind regards,
Benno