best way to setup gallery with multiple photograppers who uses the same category

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
stof
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

best way to setup gallery with multiple photograppers who uses the same category

Post by stof »

Hi,

I am playing a bit for a few days now with phoca gallery and now look for the best way to set up the gallery when finally more photograppers should be able to upload photo's and the shop component that finally should be there must be able to see from who the photo is...

First

For example when I make categories like

ants
flowers
cows

and more photograppers should be able to put photos in that category is it the best way to put it up that I create folders (categories) and put them into the parrents? for example

categorie ants has got a child category photograper A and a category photograper B and so on? Is that the best way? or are there other ways to do this?

Thanks in advance
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: best way to setup gallery with multiple photograppers who uses the same category

Post by Jan »

Hi, in Phoca Gallery, users can upload images in UCP or in category view - both are different - in first case, user can upload to own category/subcategories, in second case they can upload to each category they have rights to do:
https://www.phoca.cz/documents/2-phoca-g ... ser-upload
Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
stof
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Re: best way to setup gallery with multiple photograppers who uses the same category

Post by stof »

Thanks for our answer. Think I will use the last option.
stof
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by stof »

And would there be a workaround to have the following

I want a category to be shared with multiple users. So users have access to that category.
And in that category they have their own subcategory (folder)

Then for example I can create a category birds. And more photograppers can put images in that category by putting it in their onw category.

Really looking for this way.. cause with the category option every user can delete other ones pictures.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, try to see the category view. In category view, users can upload images to one category and there is not set ownership of the category. Each user who has upload rights can upload an image.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project