Categories with custom select possible

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Categories with custom select possible

Post by Jan »

Hi, no there is no specific filtering. You can only display images with the same tag in case, the tagid is set in URL (e.g. when clicking on the tag in some category or detail view, the link goes to category view displaying all images including this tag)

To use more sofisticated tag filtering feature, maybe you should test Phoca Cart. Even it is a cart solution, it can be used for displaying images (gallery) the similar way like Phoca Gallery or Phoca Photo. And you can use sofisticated filtering features (tags, attributes, specifications, etc.)

See demo:
Standard category view:
https://www.phoca.cz/phocacartdemo/3-audi

Category view filtered by manufacturer (tag can be set instead):
https://www.phoca.cz/phocacartdemo/items ... volkswagen

And even there are more different options, you can filter inside a category:
https://www.phoca.cz/phocacartdemo/items ... volkswagen

Inside the category "Volkswagen" will be displayed only manufacturer "Volkswagen" - of course this is only example making not sense, but instead of manufacturer you can use tag, so e.g. in category "Volkswagen" will be displayed all items with tag "new" or attribute "color: blue" or specification "engine: 2.0 TDI" or whatever you set in attributes, speicifications, etc. And this all can be combinated with search string too.

And of course, you can hide buttons like "add to cart", etc. so it will be displayed like gallery or catalogue, etc.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
marcel77
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by marcel77 »

Hi Jan,

thank you again for answer.

We discuss the usability on an other thread.
Hi, no there is no specific filtering. You can only display images with the same tag in case, the tagid is set in URL (e.g. when clicking on the tag in some category or detail view, the link goes to category view displaying all images including this tag)
But there isn´t a possibility to show tags, that link to the actual category? You can only set one catecory per tag, or do I missunderstand?

If I can show the tags in category view with a link to the actual category with only pics with that tag it is realy helpful.

Best regards
Marcel
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, yes, only one tag can be displayed in the view.

If you have e.g. two tags set for the images: Abc and Def and you click on Abc, all images with tag Abc will be displayed on the site, if you click on Def, all images with tag Def will be displayed on the site. This is different e.g. to Phoca Cart where you can display both together (all images which include tags Abc and Def)
marcel77
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by marcel77 »

This is OK, but I see the tags in category view under each picture, but it's plain text, no link.

Marcel
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, check the Options, if the tags should be displayed as links :idea:

Jan
marcel77
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by marcel77 »

Hi Jan,

It´s me again... I do some tests with ?tagid= but, in case I use it, it shows all pictures of all categories with this tag, even when I start in one category. I mean if the URL is webroot/index.php/galerie/category/22-test?tagid=11, the result shows all pictures with the tagid 11 from all categories. Do I have a chance to get only tagid 11 from the called category?

cheers Marcel
marcel77
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by marcel77 »

Hi Jan,

I have found the line, I have had to add Catid to where clause. It works now, as I like.

Only two problem: I use Phoca tree on Position 7 (the main right column) of the protostar template. If I use the tagid Phoca tree changes its position under the Gallery. Do you have a hint?

Second problem: The Breadcrumps don´t show the right Gallery every time. At the first start of Navigation it works fine, but if I change the category, the Breadcrumps still showing the path to the old category.

The last maybe destructable change, I did, was to put all categories from last year in a new category 2016 with SQL

I create a new category "2016" with Joomla. I connect to database and do : "Update phocagallery_categories set parent_id = [newcatid] where parent_id = 1 (the id of the old parent). I think, this creates the problem.

Marcel
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, what you mean with "If I use the tagid Phoca tree changes its position under the Gallery." Which position?

To see problems regarding menu, breadcrumbs, etc, disable SEF and check the Itemid parameter of the URL - the Itemid says in which menu link you are located. Do you use more menu links to Phoca Gallery? If yes, try to use only one so the links (itemids) will be not changed :idea:

https://www.phoca.cz/documents/16-joomla ... -in-joomla

Jan
marcel77
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by marcel77 »

Hi Jan,

I mean the Joomla position on the website. I use Phocatree on the right side of the template and PhocaGallery in the middle. Left is empty. If I start navigation to PhocaGallery everthing is ok. If I add a tagid parameter to URL Phocatree moves to the bottom (under PhocaGallery).

The breadcrump problem I don´t understand. If I change category, the ID in URL chages to. Itemid is every time the same, but breadcrumps don´t change on every change of category and sometime it shows completly wrong path.

Marcel
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, can I see the site where this occurs, or screenshots? When you disable SEF for test, does both sites (the one standard, the second with tagid) have the same Itemid (In URL)?