Jan! J3 Demo Looks awesome! Have a few questions

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
jbx007
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Jan! J3 Demo Looks awesome! Have a few questions

Post by jbx007 »

First I want to say I have used your photo gallery before back in the day, my log in name was jbx but I don't know what email i used to register so I had to re-register. I always donate also and will again as in the past.

I love the look on your J3 demo, I downloaded it for my j3 site and can not get it to look like that. My mistake is probably assuming.

In the categories view, can it show the different categories within it.

For instance if I have categories Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls Royce on the gallery main page, Can the Mercedes category show the sub categories of sls radar detector install, c class radar install, ml video headrest install within the main category block of images like the j3demo "celebration" or is it just images?

I have the site with a few images for now here http://www.access1alarm.net/photo-gallery

any help or advice to get it to look like the j3 demo will be great. I will have 40+ main categories of vehicle makes with about 400 sub-categories of custom installs

Thank you

jbx
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Jan! J3 Demo Looks awesome! Have a few questions

Post by Jan »

If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
jbx007
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by jbx007 »

Thanks Jan, but for some reason it didn't work. http://access1alarm.net/photo-gallery
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, on your site, I have disabled all the different CSS and there is no change, so seems like there is no conflict between different CSS. So the only idea is, maybe there is some conflict in javascript which prevents from displaying it properly :idea: When you switch to another template (only for test) do you get the same problem?

Jan
jbx007
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by jbx007 »

Tried beez 2, 3 and 5 and looks a lot better and definitely masonry looking. So, now what direction should I pursue as I am not changing the site from what I spent weeks building, for a photo gallery? I'm definitely bummed out about this! I love the look of your gallery and it always seems that you are the only extension that stays current or cutting edge.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, this is really difficult to say, I am not developer of the Masonry effect, it is a javascript library, so for me it is difficult to say which part on the website can be in conflict with the masonry javascript - the size of the boxes :idea: :-(

This is unfortunatelly something which needs to be tested step by step (to disable all possible javascripts - e.g. plugins, modules) and enbale it step by step to find out, which part is in conflict :idea:

Jan
jbx007
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by jbx007 »

thank you I will try that!
jbx007
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by jbx007 »

It could be that I am using a masonry module to begin with from shape5. i will look at it over the next few days. I will let you know if I find anything
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok