Trouble in multiple add of image with the path of folder

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
fauvetal
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Trouble in multiple add of image with the path of folder

Post by fauvetal »

Hello Jan,
Sorry, but I have an other trouble by multiple adding of images.
I have organised the folders which can save the photos in ./images/phocagallery with three levels mother/child e.g.: ./images/phocagallery/2016/09/hiking_03_somewhere.
When I try to select the hiking_03_somewhere folder, the path returns to ./images/phocagallery instead of ./images/phocagallery/2016/09/hiking_03_somewhere
I can upload whitout any trouble in the second level folder ./images/phocagallery/2016/09 but it is impossible to get it in the third level ./images/phocagallery/2016/09/hiking_03_somewhere.
I have tried to find some adjustment capability in options and in the doc whithout any success.
I may have up to 50 photos in a third level folder and up to 15 folders childs of the second level. If I use only the second level (which works) I will get up to 750 photos in the same folder, which is unpleasant.
Of course I can overrule this by using Filezilla for uploading photos in these third level folders. But I can't authorize the guys who help me to do the same for security reasons.

Is there any solution I did not see?
Thank you in advance for your precious help.

Sincerly
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Trouble in multiple add of image with the path of folder

Post by Jan »

Hi, what is exactly the problem, I am testing now and now problem with uploading images, or making thumbnails :idea:

If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
fauvetal
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by fauvetal »

Hi the problem is , if you have a third rank folder e.g. 2016/09/03 the path will not be ...\images\phocagallery\2016\09\03 but only ...\images\phocagallery and the file bild.jpg will be loaded in the racine folder .\images\phocagallery instead of the correct folder ...\images\phocagallery\2016\09\03
Sincerly
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, hmm, this is done by system which means, when it work in first or second level, it works in third level as the system cannot change itself, it is the same for all the levels, testing now, without any problems:

Do you use single or multiple upload? Testing both, works OK :idea:
Which version of Phoca Gallery do you run?
fauvetal
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by fauvetal »

Sorry, I have understood what's happening:
In my case, the real name of the path is very long, If i put a name of more than 10 caracters for the third rank folder, then the path is too long and shortened by the system.
I just have to use shorts names for these folders in order too avoid any trouble of that kind.
Thank you for the time you spent on this.
Sincerly
fauvetal
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by fauvetal »

In addition, I have made several trials and discovered that I cannot use characters like é,è or + and so on.
Big mistake, that I will avoid for my next uploads.

Thank you again for your answers.
Sincerly
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, yes, because of different systems where it can run, it is better to use only standar ascii charactes, no diacritics in folder or filenames :idea:

Jan