Timeout error with Phocagallery/images version 4.3.1

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
fauvetal
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Timeout error with Phocagallery/images version 4.3.1

Post by fauvetal »

Hello,
I have migrated my site from joomla 2.5 with phocagallery v3.2.8 to joomla 3.6 with phocagallery v4.3.1.
When I try to get phocagallery /images in order to download and manage new photos , I get anytime a timeout error:
"Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in /datas/vol1/w4a121122/var/www/mouans-sartoux-randonnee-montagne.asso.fr/libraries/joomla/filesystem/file.php on line 625".
Therefore It is impossible to use phocagallery from the backoffice for showing new photos.
I never encountered this with the former version v3.2.8 on joomla 2.5.
My site http://mouans-sartoux-randonnee-montagne.asso.fr/ is working on a shared hosting and it is impossible to get more than 60 seconds timeout.
I have tried several times to uninstall and reinstall phocagallery v4.3.1. without any success.
I need urgent help since I am completely squeezed.
Best regards
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Timeout error with Phocagallery/images version 4.3.1

Post by Jan »

Hi, it depends on which action is causing it.

The error says, it comes from Joomla! JFile method: libraries/joomla/filesystem/file.php on line 625 ( Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in /datas/vol1/w4a121122/var/www/mouans-sartoux-randonnee-montagne.asso.fr/libraries/joomla/filesystem/file.php on line 625 ) - this is really hard to say by which action this is caused.

Does the Phoca Gallery creates thumbnails? Try to go to the last "Info" panel in Phoca Gallery and test if you have enabled recommended settings.
Try to set e.g. pagination thumbnail creation, etc. to save the memory. :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
fauvetal
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by fauvetal »

Thank you Jan, this was helpfull.
I have first disabled creation thumbnails then open with success the menu Image.
Then I have enabled again creation thumbnails and it works now,
But this is strange I never had before do disable creation thumbnails, so what?
Best regards
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, while creating thumbnail, images must be searched and tested if they include thumbnails, so if all thumbnails are created, it is recomended to disable thumbnails creation.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project