Default Category Access Rights when creating in Front-end

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
Scotty87
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Default Category Access Rights when creating in Front-end

Post by Scotty87 »

Hello,

We have Phoca Gallery installed on a website where only one user logs in to create categories and manages images (Photography website). We have a number of categories that exist already "Wedding, People, etc" and have given access to that particular user to manage. The user will typically upload images directly in those categories but in some cases they create sub categories to combine some together (i.e. Wedding albums).

Since the user is limited to the front-end, that's where the categories get created. The issue is that categories created in the front-end is defaulting to " - All Registered Users -" Access Rights. This makes it so only logged in people can see them, but we need them to be nothing in "Access Rights" so the public can see them.

We can go back in the back-end and remove the access rights and it works, however, because the user doesn't have access to this setting in the front-end, we would need to keep updating it for them each time.

To solve this solution, I'm thinking of 2 options

1. How do I prevent the Access Rights from defaulting to registered users, or where can I control this? I did not find any settings for this.

2. Allow the user access to this field in the front-end, however, it would be better that the default could be changed so they don't need to keep changing it each time either.

If someone can help me out would be great. I don't think I missed a settings but maybe I have.

Thanks!

Tags:
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Default Category Access Rights when creating in Front-en

Post by christine »

Hi Scotty87,

I'm not sure if I understood correctely. In PG 4.3 v.v. PG 4.2 the rules have been changed.
Maybe this could help you: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=39654#p123116

Kind regards, Christine
Scotty87
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Scotty87 »

The post does not help. The problem as confirmed in the post you link is that when a user creates a new category from the front-end , it defaults the access rights to Registered user. So even if the category is set to public, people still dont see any images. The category needs to be manually updated after its created to leave access rights blank.

This makes it so the user is unable to actually manage the gallery on their own without being given admin access
Antares
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Antares »

Is it possible to set a default value for accessuserid, uploaduserid and delteuserid (e.g. -1) (Maybe it is possible? Haven't find it in the code)?
My idea is, that if a user created a new categorie, all other user also can upload images directly without waiting for given the rights by the admin in the backend. I think the problem of Scotty87 would be also solved, if it is possible to set a default value.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Default Category Access Rights when creating in Front-end

Post by Jan »

Hi, I am planning to add parameter for access so when user will create category, such parameter will be used.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
miroen
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by miroen »

Hi,

I have the same issue and since I have multiple users that can create new Categories on the front-end it is difficult to keep up and change this setting be hand each time someone creates an new category.
Please make it possible to set the default access right as empty.
Also is it possible to have multiple owners for a category (and all its subcategories)?

Thanks,
Jeroen
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, yes, I am planning to have an option "empty"

Multiple owners for the category is problematic feature which can be conflicted in many function in frontend upload :idea:

Jan
miroen
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by miroen »

Hello Jan,

Thank you for your respons. Hopefully the option "empty" will be here soon.

Jeroen
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

I am working on it now
AnjaO
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by AnjaO »

Hello Jan,
It would be great if you could fix this.
greetings, Anja