Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
brunog
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Add albums from Picasa since May 2016

Post by brunog »

Hello,

For those running Photo Gallery 3.2.8 on Joomla 2.5.18 (or equivalent) :
you may find out like me that Picasa import is not working anymore since May 2016 (at least), getting error message :
Picasa Album not found. Check the Album field.
when editing Picasa settings field with valid Username and Album name (case sensitive, no space, no symbol).

Workaround is that you need to paste UserId and AlbumId from URL you get on Picasa Website when displaying the targeted album like :
https://picasaweb.google.com/1234567890/0987654321
where UserId = 1234567890
and AlbumId = 0987654321

Previously, on Picasa Website, you must have edit Album Properties to set it as Public (making URL encrypted).

@ Phoca staff : I will be happy to know how to import directly from Google Photos in this configuration, many thanks.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Add albums from Picasa since May 2016

Post by Jan »

Hi, see:
https://www.phoca.cz/documents/2-phoca-g ... gle-photos
At the bottom.

As written in many posts in this forum, Google Photos is new service and developers still wait for which methods will be made there - the problem for now is that album cannot be set as public in Google Photos. Feedback was made so I hope, there will be some reaction.
@ Phoca staff : I will be happy to know how to import directly from Google Photos in this configuration, many thanks.
I think, this is more a question on Google Photos developers. For now you cannot make (as I know) the album public in Google Photos, so you need to use Picasa or specific API methods (in fact it does not matter if you make the album public in Picasa or there will be some specific way to make it public per API). When there will be method to make the album public directly in Google Photos, this will of course more easier.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project