Cannot regenerate ALL thumbnails

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
Gruz
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Cannot regenerate ALL thumbnails

Post by Gruz »

I selected to show all published images and tried to regenerate thumbnails.

It simply reloads the page. I have to use 100 images per page to regenerate page by page. Very boring.

Need to be fixed, I think.

Last edited by Gruz on 12 May 2016, 15:36, edited 1 time in total.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Cannot regenerate ALL thumbnails

Post by Jan »

Hi,

you can select "all" items and recreate all thumbnails in your gallery, but there is one extra parameter called "pagination thumbnail creation" which is there because of server memory.

For creating thumbnails, pagination is used - thumbnail is created per script - 1 original image (3 thumbnails) = 1 running of php script, so there is no problem with memory, but the problem is when collecting data about e.g. 100 images (to know which images have thumbnails, which not yet, etc. etc.)

So mostly when you select all and there is a lot of images, creating thumbnails procedure can be very slow so it is better to use pagination for creating thumbnails as you have full control over the procedure

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Gruz
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by Gruz »

I've found the problem I cannot regenerate ALL images.
[Sun May 01 23:52:00.654436 2016] [php5:error] [pid 6271] [client 127.0.0.1:47456] PHP Warning: Unknown: Input variables exceeded 1000. To increase the limit change max_input_vars in php.ini. in Unknown on line 0, referer: http://pyatka.in.uac/administrator/inde ... alleryimgs
So this is something not to Phoca, but to my server settings.

Why I don't want to use paginations, because I must wait till one page is generated and switch to another one. I cannot start the process and drink coffee. I must controll it. There would be nice to have a button to regenerate ALL without a POST request. Not critical, but annoying.

Fortunately, I can increase my max_input_vars in .htaccess

Code: Select all

php_value max_input_vars 5000
Last edited by Gruz on 12 May 2016, 15:36, edited 1 time in total.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, it is really high memory consuming function - to get large original image and make three thumbnails from it. This is why every image gets "own time" - after every thumbnail creation, site will be refreshed so the php script runs newly. If pagination will be used or not, depends on count of images and resources of the server. So for cases, the resources are not large, pagination is used.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project