New images not showing since upgrade

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
hoosier_tech
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

New images not showing since upgrade

Post by hoosier_tech »

I recently upgraded to v4.1.1, and then 4.1.2 and since then when I upload pictures, they do not show as thumbnails or regular size images. I selected the option to regenerate thumbnails, but now some of the original existing pictures are missing thumbnails.

Also, the layout for the picture sets is now displaying incorrectly. You can also see this at:

http://healthenterprisesnetwork.com/ind ... Itemid=620

Please advise. Thank you,
Craig
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: New images not showing since upgrade

Post by Jan »

Hi, check the size of thumbnails in Options of Phoca Gallery, set it to some higher value (small) and recreate thumbnails.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
hoosier_tech
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by hoosier_tech »

Hi Jan,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I have tried to adjust several setting based upon our reply, but still am not able to generate thumbnails. I do not see a specific parameter for "size of thumbnails". ??

However, I may need to be more descriptive of my problem: When I upload a new image, or images with multi-add, the images show that they upload, and the file names show. But the image itself does not show in the upload window, and then further do not show up in the images listing, nor as a thumbnail, nor on the front end gallery.

If I go into "Media Manager", the images of the photos show correctly.

I don't see an option to attach a screen shot to show you what I mean, so hopefully I have described it well enough.

All pictures before the upgrade to Joomla v3.3.6 from v2.5.x and Phoca Gallery upgrade to v4.1.1 and then v4.1.2 still show fine, it is only new uploads.

Thank you!
Craig
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, you can paste the screenshot per external service like imgur is.

When you click to add the images to system in multiple add function, what happen after clicking save button?

Jan
hoosier_tech
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by hoosier_tech »

Hi Jan,

I have uploaded screenshots here:

http://imgur.com/a/wDXLf

There are five images. When I choose to Multi-upload, the files upload from my desktop fine, as shown in the first screenshot.
Then I select them all to put into a catagory, which is the second screenshot.
On the third screenshot, you will see the list of file images, with the thumbnails missing.
If I click on a file name, where you would normally see the image, it is missing.

On the fourth screenshot, I used the "New" button and went to the same directory where I uploaded all of the images. You see here that all the images do not show, even though the filenames are there.

The last screenshot is from Media Manager, showing that those images actually do exist and show up.

Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks again!

Craig
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, in media manager, original images are displayed, in Phoca Gallery, thumbnails are displayed - so original images are there but it seems like thumbnails are missing.

Did you enable the thumbnail creation status in Options of Phoca Gallery?
What happen, when you select the images and click on Save button?

Jan
hoosier_tech
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by hoosier_tech »

Hi Jan,

During all of the troubleshooting I reinstalled the component and plug ins because I was getting errors with generating thumbnails. From your last post, I went in and turned on thumbnail generation, and now it appears everything is working.

Thank you,
Craig
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok, great to hear it.

Jan