Pagination and ordering not working

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
MAD King
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Pagination and ordering not working

Post by MAD King »

Hello,

it seems after updating to Joomla 3.3.4 that it messing up something on Phoca Gallery. I am not able to see a pagination page break.
I have it set to 20, but still shows all of the categories.
It also does not sort the categories alphabetic when I upload a new image or create a new category in backend (Select Category drowdwon box). Instead it shows me the categories as I created them.

Thank you

Joomla 3.3.4
Phoca Gallery 4.1.1

PS: It is kind of annoying to wait 30 minutes to be able to post again. :(
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Pagination and ordering not working

Post by Jan »

Hi, in which view the pagination does not work for you?
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
MAD King
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by MAD King »

Front end. It does not split the galleries to pages, instead it shows all galleries on one page.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hmmm, testing now and see no problem :idea:

See image:

Jan
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

EDIT: Hmm, I have read that in Joomla! 3.3.4 there were some problems with pagination, so tested Joomla! 3.3.3 and 3.3.4 but still no problems :idea:

Jan
MAD King
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by MAD King »

I still have problems with the pagination. It shows me all categories I have and it should only show me 20, as in the config. Also, when I change the display number it does not do anything.

Joomla 3.3.6
Phoca 4.1.1
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hmm, really no idea what can be wrong, are you able to test it e.g. on other server like on localhost? I am testing it on different server and see no problem and have really no idea what can cause it :idea:

Jan
MAD King
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by MAD King »

Same with XAMPP on my local computer.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hmm, I am testing now with 3.3.6, categories pagination, even category pagination and get no such problem.

Not sure if I asked before, but do you get it in other templates (to test if e.g. some template does not override the output)

I can try to look at it on your server (but to see it, I need to get ftp account and super admin account :-( ) so I can try to see what can be wrong there :idea:

Jan
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, now I understand. These is "categories view in category view", what does it mean:

1) there is categories view - list of categories - there you can order categories and change pagination of categories
2) there is category view - list of images - there you can order images and change pagination of images
3) there is "categories view in category view" - it means in the view where images are listed, you can list subcategories which are subcategories of one parent category and one parent category can have more images and more subcategories - and all this is displayed in category view but the HTML feature only allows one pagination on one page (this is logical, you can make pagination only on one thing not two - e.g. you will set displaying of 5 items in page and if there will be two features - categories and images, system will not know which pagination you mean)

So this is logical issue as you can have only one pagination on one page, so if we are listing subcategories of the main category and images, we need to select only subcategories or only images to make the pagination for them. As in 99% there are more images than subcategories, the pagination is working for images (and we are still in category view - list of images, so it makes sense to make pagination for images)

So you can make pagination for categories - but in categories view, in category view, you can make pagination for images (if you want to list the subcategories there, the pagination will be not used for it) So on the demo site, you have a pagination there and it does not work for subcategories but only for images.

Jan