Shadowbox-autoplayMovies

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
joseya
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Shadowbox-autoplayMovies

Post by joseya »

I love phoca gallery, and would have to say it is the best gallery component for joomla!

I have seen this post in a couple different places in the forum, but at both places, the issue has not been resolved. I understand that you can set 0 for the time delay on the slideshow, but the problem with this is that you can't have a slideshow after you do that. After you set to 0, the play and pause buttons are removed from the navigation area.

What I want, and what the others have asked, is simply to change the autoplayMovies from on to off. So, when you click on a thumbnail, and it opens to the large picture, it won't automatically play (rather it will automatically pause), but you will still have the play button at the navigation area, and can then start the slideshow if desired.

I have found through the shadowbox information, that there is this options available. In the showdowbox.js file there is an autoplayMovies parameter that is set to true. They say if you set to false, the autoplay will not happen. I did change this setting, but have come up with no change. I am a novice in this arena, so additional help is requested and very much appreciated.

I love the showdowbox add to phoca, but I would love the default of the slideshow to be paused, but the user would still have the option to play the slideshow at their request from the navigation area.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Shadowbox-autoplayMovies

Post by Jan »

Hi, then just let me know the code for javascript, I will implement it for new version.

Thank you, Jan

Added to feature request list.
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
joseya
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: Shadowbox-autoplayMovies

Post by joseya »

Thank you Jan.

This is what I have learned...

autoplayMovies Set this false to disable automatically playing movies when they are loaded. Defaults to true.

I don't know where you have this controlled in the gallery, but shadowbox suggests to write this in the shadowbox.init file as such:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="shadowbox.css">
<script type="text/javascript" src="shadowbox.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
Shadowbox.init({
autoplayMovies: false
});
</script>

I am a novice at this, but I would love that option.

Thanks for a great component.