Error: Failed to open output stream

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
hwarnaar
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Error: Failed to open output stream

Post by hwarnaar »

I use phoca gallery on many sites but now I can't upload my photo's using the flash multiple upload function.

When I'm uploading files it stops by 75% and says Error: Failed to open output stream.

There is a new folder created: pgpluploadtmpfolder. But it is empty.
If I change the rights of the pgpluploadtmpfolder in 777 and then upload my files, I can actually upload then. But Phoca delete the file pgpluploadtmpfolder afterwards so it isn't a good workaround. But maybe it helps to get an idea of the problem.

Single upload is no problem.

I tested it in chrome, firefox and explorer. All the same problem.
The files are no bigger than 1mb.

The person who I build the site for is going to need this function to update his site by himself.

I use joomla 2.5.8 and php 5.2. And the newest flash player.
I tested it with Phoca gallery 3.2.0 and 3.2.3. Both gives the same problem.

Any idea what is the problem?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Error: Failed to open output stream

Post by Jan »

Hi, then try to check permission on your server, and try to set different settings for upload (remove chunk method, etc.)

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
hwarnaar
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by hwarnaar »

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the help. I did all things. Changed everything which could be changed.

I found in the error log this 3 sentences. Is that any help for you to discover the problem.

[code][Wed Jan 30 23:42:42 2013] [error] [client 87.210.49.145] PHP Warning: fopen(/sites/aytech.nl/www/images/phocagallery/aanbouwAZ/pgpluploadtmpfolder/2011-11-26 papa en ik.jpg) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /sites/aytech.nl/www/libraries/joomla/filesystem/stream.php on line 261, referer: http: //aytech .nl/components/com_phocagallery/assets/plupload/plupload.flash.swf
f[/code]
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, yes, this seems like permission denied problem on your server but why it does have permissions problem, really no idea - did you try to ask your webhosting provider?

Jan
hwarnaar
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by hwarnaar »

Yes I asked them but they hadn't had a clue. Normally there is no problem with Joomla they say. And then all helped stopped from them.

I had every map on 777 permission but still no luck.
Is there anything that I can do about it. Or is leaving the provider the only solution?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi mostly permissions is not the problem but the ownership (the ownership can be set e.g. by ftp account of script accont) so the ownership needs to be tested too - but this is my idea only, I am not server expert :idea: