Gallery Address

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
phidias81
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Re: Gallery Address

Post by phidias81 »

Hello, No I didn't change setting and the problem is still there. On top of the screenshot it's the address when I open from the module, on the bottom the correct address when I open through the menu.
The instances are 3 at this moment one on top, and 2 on the side. But even if I leave only one, the problem is not disappearing.

Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Please let me know exactly the site where this occurs with enabled only one instance of module, to check the html code :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
phidias81
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by phidias81 »

Ok, now there is only 1 instance, at this address http://www.nomadtravellers.com/

In the homepage the module is on top, where is also the main menu. Clicking on any of the thumbnails, linking to category view, it's appearing the wrong address
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, sorry, I apologize me, but I am lost in the both topics:

1) first problem: displaying the highslide navigation more times - this is what I have answered - it means that the module should run only one instance to not display the navigation more times - so this seems to be solved ?

2) URL - the url suffix has nothing to do with the Phoca Gallery, unfortunatelly I don't know where the suffix layout=default - Copia is comming from, maybe you are using template which overrides the component output? Really no idea there, because as default, Phoca Gallery does not render any such suffix :idea:

Jan
phidias81
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by phidias81 »

Jan wrote:Hi, sorry, I apologize me, but I am lost in the both topics:

1) first problem: displaying the highslide navigation more times - this is what I have answered - it means that the module should run only one instance to not display the navigation more times - so this seems to be solved ?
Yes it's solved if I display one time, but since I prefer to have 3 modules, I rather leave them linked to category view, since detail view it's not an option
2) URL - the url suffix has nothing to do with the Phoca Gallery, unfortunatelly I don't know where the suffix layout=default - Copia is comming from, maybe you are using template which overrides the component output? Really no idea there, because as default, Phoca Gallery does not render any such suffix :idea:

Jan
Ok, I will try to investigate more, but that's strange, because the phoca gallery image module, it's the only one that is rendering that address. Weeks ago I recognized I had some copies of files like defaul -copia.xml or something like that, that I delete, but the suffix it's still there
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, module does not rendery any address, modules in Joomla! do not have any Itemid like menu links, so they cannot create an URL - module tries to find the link to gallery and use this link - but Joomla! JRoute methods creates the URL in SEO format or not SEO format. In module or in component of Phoca Gallery, there is no suffix layout, so really no idea where is this suffix comming from :-( :-( :idea:

Jan
phidias81
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by phidias81 »

It looks like the problem magically disappeared. It had to do something with the default.xml file in the tmpl folder. I was actually editing this file to add other funcionalitynot releted at all with the address, but after saving the file I found out that also the problem with the address disappeared