Facebook Fan Page

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
bharris401
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: Facebook Fan Page

Post by bharris401 »

How would I test the settings of the application?
bharris401
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by bharris401 »

I uninstalled Phoca again and re installed it and now it works?!!? YAY!!!!!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
mjmm
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by mjmm »

Hey guys,
I've read this thread through a whole bunch of times. But having the same problems that others described earlier. Running the latest version of Joomla, on a relatively new site.

Joomla Version: Joomla! 2.5.0 Stable
Phoca Gallery: 3.1.2 Stable

I am able to install the component, go to the control panel, add the app secret and app ID, connect with facebook, paste the information, and save it. Then when I go to the categories tab to add a new one, and go to the bottom, I select my name, and then when I click "Select Album" I get:
Facebook API Error: A session key is required for calling this method (453)

Any ideas?
csgoodwin
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by csgoodwin »

I am having the same problem as mjmm (and others). json_decode, cUrl, and "Enable Facebook Image Loading" are all enabled. I am running Joomla 2.5.0 and Phoca Gallery 3.1.3 (both updated today in hopes that the problem would be fixed).
I have no problem creating the app in Facebook or the Facebook users (one for me, one for my fan page) in the component. The only problem is when I click on "Select Album" when trying to create a new category. This happens with both of my Facebook accounts in Phoca Gallery.

Having no prior experience creating Facebook apps, I wonder if there is something I am doing incorrectly there.

I have populated the App Display Name, Contact Email, and Category (none of which, I presume, have any impact on this). I have put the URL for my website (where Joomla resides) in App Domain (in this case, it's unhbands.org).
Below, I entered my full URL (http://unhbands.org) under Website>Site URL. I've left everything else blank.
I made no changes under the "Auth Dialog" or "Advanced" links in the left-hand column.

I did try entering a URL for a privacy policy, as I read somewhere that Facebook won't recognize apps without one. That did not seem to make a difference (even after waiting a while to test it so there was enough time for the changes to propagate).

I also tried to change "Remove Deprecated APIs" (Advanced>Migration) to Disabled, but that also had no effect. I've since changed it back.

bharris401 seemed to solve it by uninstalling and reinstalling Phoca, but the documentation says "If you want to upgrade the Phoca Gallery component, don't uninstall the previous version, because while uninstalling the data stored in the database will be lost." I'd rather not rebuild everything, so I hope there is an easier solution. I may try using the modifications that were posted for the earlier versions, but it sounds like this should be able to work without doing so.

Hopefully this will help find a solution. Thank you!
bharris401
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by bharris401 »

I'm starting to think that uninstalling and re-installing probably isn't what got it working. I've since installed Phoca on another one of my sites and got the same error.

Now what I didn't mention before, was that I was creating a new Facebook App and configuring it as specified by Phoca and it wasn't working. When I re-installed Phoca, I used an already existing Facebook App and not a new one nor the "new one" I originally created for Phoca and it worked. I assumed it was because I re-installed Phoca, however...

Now on my second site I was trying to get Phoca to work on and received the same error, I DID NOT re-install Phoca. Instead of creating another new Facebook App, I renamed and re-configured an old (already exciting) Facebook App that I wasn't using anymore and bam! It works...

I'm thinking it has something to do with using a newly created Facebook App.
csgoodwin
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by csgoodwin »

Ah. That could be. It should be pretty easy to test for someone with a working setup, right?
civic
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by civic »

Applying the patch in this thread doesn't help my installation. It only makes the error message changed from "Facebook API Error: A session key is required for calling this method (453)" to "Facebook API Error: Invalid OAuth access token signature. (0)"

Reintall Phoca also doesn't hlep too.

Hope somebody can find the solution soon. Still looking forward to have this power Joomla extension working in my site.
mjmm
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by mjmm »

Based on hearing everyone's stories here, this seems like a Facebook API problem. Maybe they changed something recently...Wish I knew more about APIs in general so I could help with this :idea:
abhikala1
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by abhikala1 »

Hello mods and staffs,

Is there any one who can provide solution for this problem. I also had same problem but re installing didn't worked as it worked for one user.
I tried that but no improvement. I saw this thread in solved status so i though there might be any final solution but i didnt find one.

Please guide me here.

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------
snel afvallen | snel afvallen in een week
Last edited by abhikala1 on 22 Mar 2012, 21:34, edited 2 times in total.