Thumbnails the way i want inside articles

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
cipa
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Thumbnails the way i want inside articles

Post by cipa »

Hello everyone,

I`m new to joomla and i just found this great set of programs to play with. However i do not know to make it look the way i want! I have resized the thumbnails to my desire: L - 640x480; M - 400x300; S-75x50. Now my problem is that i can not use the thumbnails where i desire! Seems that they are automatic. I`m using Joomla 3.
Please help me use thumbnails the way i want inside articles:
1. S (75x50) + L(640x480) - Phoca Gallery Image Button>Images>Detail Window:Slimbox . When i use this feature it automaticly sets inside article the M (400x300) size thumbnails. I wanna use the S thumbnails and the L image in detail window but i dont know how to set this up.
code generated:"phocagallery view=category|categoryid=5|limitstart=0|limitcount=0|imageshadow=none|fontcolor=#ffffff|bgcolor=#667888|bgcolorhover=#667888|imagebgcolor=#6b7e8f|bordercolor=#667888|bordercolorhover=#6b7e8f|detail=8|displayname=0|displaydetail=0|displaydownload=0|displaybuttons=0|displaydescription=0|enableswitch=0|overlib=0|piclens=0|displayimgrating=0"
2. M (400x300) - Phoca Gallery Image Button>Slideshow>Image Medium (this is achievable)

Note that if i chage the thumbnail sizes to fit step 1 needs (L-640x480 and default M-75x50)=>i have to use S-400x300 to fit my needs and i loose the view of the category list..

Anything to add in that code so that it uses S size pictures to be displayed in articles instead of default M?

Thank you for the answer!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Thumbnails the way i want inside articles

Post by Jan »

Hi, there are three types of thumbnails, but if you have some size and you will recreate the thumbnails, all thumbnails are the same - in component or in plugin, so you cannot have different size in plugin and in component - you can have different size in each category - if you will create thumbnails for fist category, then you will change the size and you will create it for second category, etc.

Some popup javascript libraries then resize the detail image to fit the window size so then to have the same size like the full thumbnail size is, you need to customize the javascript library :idea:

To display S thumbnails in article e.g., you need to customize the plugin code directly :-(

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
cipa
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: Thumbnails the way i want inside articles

Post by cipa »

thanks for the answers jan. I`ll keep on using them as I am now :D