Thumbnails creation stopped working

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
gabrix73
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Thumbnails creation stopped working

Post by gabrix73 »

Hi everybody,
i run ubuntu trusty and i have phoca gallery on joomla 3.4.5. After some OpenJDK java7 upgrades phoca gallery thumbnails creation stopped working. The issue IMHO might come also from a procedure error which is quite simple. I first create a category than i go on images and multiple add ,create a directory, upload pics, than select the pics i want thumbnails from and save, but thumbnails don't get generated anymore. I have followed the guide and thumbnails troubleshooting on this site and permissions are correct, GD library is working, images file type are also correct !
I hope your help, any other infos just ask ... please :x
regards
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Thumbnails creation stopped working

Post by Benno »

Hi,
is Enable Thumbnails Genaration=Yes ?
backend --> Components --> Phoca Gallery --> Control Panel --> Thumbnails --> Thumbnail Generation Settings -->
Enable Thumbnails Genaration=Yes
Save & Close

Kind regards,
Benno
gabrix73
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by gabrix73 »

Thanks for your answer ...
Thumbnails creation is switched off. I turned it on and everything is fine until it stays on ,but for some reason thumbnails generation stops (all images are jpg) and thumbnails creation status switches back off by its own !
?????
Regards
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by christine »

Hi,

found thread, with similar problems acc. this feature: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38035

also:
... the process will be stopped but the automatically thumbnail creation will be stopped too. It is because Phoca Gallery automatically creates thumbnails and if there is some problem this automatized task needs to be disabled. After the problem is removed it can be enabled again. So disabling the functin while clicking on the link is OK. This is a feature. Jan.
Could be also browser problem, limitations etc. .... loading of too many images at once .....

Kind regards, Christine
gabrix73
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by gabrix73 »

christine wrote: Could be also browser problem, limitations etc. .... loading of too many images at once .....
I have thought about some sort of limitations somewhere but i have tried with only 3 images and thumbnails ceation process stops as well ....
Regards
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
try to check:
File size, file names (no spaces, no special charcters...), only .jpg & .png files, check if the image files can be displayed in browser... etc. if it's not possible to display the image file in browser, the file could be damaged :idea:
Try to load up the 3 files one after the other (not multiple add) and find out which one works and which not. Then compare the file which works and which not works. Search differences. :idea:

Kind regards,
Benno
gabrix73
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by gabrix73 »

Benno wrote:Hi,
try to check:
File size, file names (no spaces, no special charcters...), only .jpg & .png files, check if the image files can be displayed in browser... etc. if it's not possible to display the image file in browser, the file could be damaged :idea:
I passed through all these steps and images are fine ....

Try to load up the 3 files one after the other (not multiple add) and find out which one works and which not. Then compare the file which works and which not works. Search differences. :idea:
I'm trying a single upload on a jpg image i can display in browser, i have cleaned the related directory uploading back the image and thumbnail generation stopped displaying this error:
Phoca Gallery is creating thumbnail(s) now. Please wait...

Thumbnail Generating eternaltattooinkgamma.jpg ... Error
(/eternaltattooinkgamma.jpg)

(Re)generating of thumbnails is running now, please wait...
Error Message: Error while Creating Thumbnails (ThumbnailExists)
As i said i have cleaned the directory of all files ....
Best regards
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
(Re)generating of thumbnails is running now, please wait...
Error Message: Error while Creating Thumbnails (ThumbnailExists)
As i said i have cleaned the directory of all files ....
Normally you only need to delete (e.g. via FTP) the /images/phocagallery/thumbs/ folder(s) :idea:

Kind regards,
Benno
gabrix73
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by gabrix73 »

Benno wrote: Normally you only need to delete (e.g. via FTP) the /images/phocagallery/thumbs/ folder(s) :idea:
Normally i did that too :x
Best regards
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,

try to delete it and then per ftp try to refresh the tree (to be sure, the files were really removed).

This error message just comes when the thumbnail exists and the script will not write new. But be aware, if you e.g. moved some images, etc. it can happen, that the thumbnails exists on other place - not in the same directory ... so the image file name should be searched if it does not exists in the folder images/phocagallery in ohter place)

Phoca Gallery creates only one instance of thumbnail, so e.g. if images are moved, used more times, etc, so the place is saved and not more instances created.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project